How To Update The Look Of Your Home With Modern Furniture
Home decoration has come a long way with the furniture pieces changing with the passage of time. Hand crafted furniture was the norm not so long ago but today, the modern furniture trends show a distinct sign of minimalism and openness. Modern furniture styles have borrowed from various eras and today self assembled furniture is the flavour of the times. This factor has also made modern furniture practical and affordable. So, if your interior décor is a little outdated, consider updating the look of your home with modern furniture.
While you may get your interior decorating ideas from design magazines or blogs, make sure that the modern furniture pieces you choose for your home reflect your personality and style. But here are some ideas you might want to consider to update your home interiors:
• Pick out a colour them for your living space: The colours you use in your décor make or mar the beauty of your home. Choose a colour theme and mix and match it with patterns so that the space looks balanced. For example, use a bold colour on one wall and balance it out with furniture in lighter shades – that's the beauty of modern furniture, it is available in a variety of colour finishes and materials.
• Modern furniture updates give your home an open, airy look: The modern furniture itself is designed in such a way that your home looks expansive and inviting. Most of the pieces are raised above ground and use materials like polished steel and transparent glass. When you are decorating the room, select the furnishings so as not to weigh down the space.
• Update your home with new accessories each season: Pick out a few items of modern furniture each season – something that will blend with your existing décor, yet create a fresh look. For example, a pair of metallic side tables or bamboo chairs add a different dimension to your living space.
• Add a little shine: Pick out pieces that add a little shine to your living space. Metallic light fixtures, mirrors and metallic accents in chairs and tables add to the diversity of the room.
• Keeping a low profile: Modern furniture is ergonomically designed, keeping in mind the comfort of the user. Choose sofas, Fruitwood Dining Table and storage that are low down close to the ground for a relaxed look. It also helps create a sense of open space and elegance in the room.
Looking to update your home with Designer Interiors Online? Check out the Annandale Interiors at
http://www.annandaleinteriors.com.au for classic, quality and unique furniture. Choose from a wide selection of contemporary and modern furniture to create your dream home.
by: Kim Thompson